In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Christmas Eve 2015

I know...crazy right! It says Christmas Eve in the Title.  
That's because I'm just  now getting around to posting Christmas pictures!
 I've decided to devote this week to Family gatherings that we had last year, that I didn't have time to post.
So if you're not into family time with us, skip my blog this week!
And if you are into family time check it often, because I'm going to post every chance I get.
 We always have Christmas Eve at our house...even if we are living in one room in the basement.  For those of you who have been here, or have seen pictures before, you will notice the bed was out of our room for Christmas Eve this year. 
 Which gave me room for this island.  I still had to cover a piece of wood with a table cloth and use my stove top as a counter top, but soon I will have a huge counter top/island up on the main level and I won't have to do this anymore.

 And I always set up and cover a card table for desserts and Taylor's birthday cookie.
 Something we have done since she was a baby.  We celebrate her birthday before we play games.  She was a Christmas Eve baby.  When she was four years old she was spending a few days with me and my Shug.  She wanted some footy pajamas really bad and we looked everywhere.  Finally, I found a pair, three sizes too big, at Penneys.  When I brought them out to the car where she and my Shug were waiting on me, I told her I had good news and bad news.  I explained that I found a pair (good news), but they were size 7 (she was a size 4, so that would have been the bad news).  She said, "THIS is the best day of  my life!"  Ever since, it's been tradition we buy her footy pajamas.  Others have bought them for her too, but a kid can't have too many pair of comfy lounging around clothes, right?  (I even have a pair - shhhhh - don't tell anyone!)
 Oh, and she always wears her pj's to our house.  She used to dress up, then change into pj's, but now she just wears the pj's!  (I think Mom might have gotten her the pair she has on)
 First game was Saran Wrap Ball.
 I explained how to play this game here when we celebrated Dad's 80th birthday.

Chin up Dad!
 We laughed so hard playing this game.  It was so much fun!

 The pressure....of rolling doubles!

 Next game was a barrel of monkeys with Candy Canes.

 Only instead of holding the monkey in your hand, you hold the candy cane with your mouth.

 Is Mom cheating?!!?!!

Next game...I bought two dollar store puzzles. We divided up into teams.  Boys vs. girls.
Whoever finished their puzzle first, won.

The boys a lot!

And we play win, lose, or draw every year.

  This was one of the last games we played and by the end of the night, the wine was going to Dad's head, and he was pretty funny....but he was getting "the look" from Mom!
 And this isn't even a drawing!  Nor is spelling only!  I think it might have been The Polar Express!

I still don't know what most of these drawings are of!!!

But it seems there is always one drawing that makes me laugh every time I look at it.  
And this year, that honor goes to Taylor!

Feliz Navidad folks!  (LOL!)
Cindy Bee

Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Keeper of the Bees

The Keeper of the Bees.  
  It looks like an old book...and at one time it was.  It's from a company I follow on Instagram that takes old books and turns them into journals.

 I didn't realize when I ordered it that they would keep some of the book in tact.

 It looks like it would be a good book to read, but I love the actual journal aspect of it.  And I really love the way it lays down flat.
I don't think I'd be able to ruin an old book, but bookjournals on Instagram can!  My cousin and I are going to a big beekeeping meeting in a few weeks and I think I'll take this with me to take notes.
And see this hive...I took this picture TODAY!  In January!  The bees in this hive decided to come out in 42 degree weather!

I hear this weekend the temperature is going to be in the low 50's.  Fingers crossed they are alive.

Cindy Bee