In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Aye Aye Mateys! Or is it Eye Eye?

I'm sure some of you have wondered, where's Cindy. Well, between traipsing around in the mud at 5:00 a.m. in the morning (see http://www.thehouseonhilltopfarm.blogspot.com/) and trying to keep up with bees, boys, and the community garden, time is flying by very quickly. And there have been some strange happenings going on in my little village as well. For example,
No I did not ride in on this! I went to my spinning group (as in turning wool into yarn) and when I walked in the door, this broom was standing all on it's own! Apparently it was the autumnal equinox, and you can make brooms and eggs stand on end all by themselves. I saw it with my own eyes folks.
Then, one morning this week I was backing out of my driveway, and Miss Maple had disguised herself as a pirate! What the heck.... I couldn't figure out why SHE wanted to disguise herself as as Jack Sparrow (he is such a cutey), until I saw this post on another blogspot!

Apparently this oak is out to ruin her reputation by claiming she had a fling. Well, maybe she did, and maybe she didn't. She does NOT kiss and tell, like some...
Then she found out that this blogger is wanting the parks department to come hunt her down. She had no choice but to go incognito. http://thepalacepost.blogspot.com/2010/09/tree-chatwith-princess-ima-tree.html


Well, Miss Maple thought nothing of these bloggers comments until 8:30 Saturday morning, this truck pulled up and she freaked out! Do I hear a chain saw? GASP! Could it be? YES - IT IS!
All is not well in our little village...sniff sniff
Sadly, this is all that is left of Miss Maple's neighbors.

On to crafty news. Remember my 'bluppy' rug that I was working on in the summer? I just wasn't liking the way it was turning out. It really was a mess.
Well, I took it to the fairgrounds, where my spinning group has a log cabin and weaving looms, and I wove the material

into this rug. I like it much better. I need to tie the ends yet, but I thought I'd give you a peek.
Oh, by the way - Taking Heart - I took a picture of your Mom's porch too.

do doo do dooo do doo doo dooo (sung to the tune of the Twilight Zone)
Cindy
PS - Walter (Miss Maple's current beau) says pphhbbbbtttt to all you people out there trying to scare her!
PPS - B (not a sparrow falls) and Brenda (Ladybug Dreams) thank you for the shirt problem ideas. I checked my washing machine, no rough spots. And no rough spots on my counter tops, but I'm wondering....could it be the zipper bag that I put my delicates in? hmmm

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cindy the hole making problem always takes its time at coming to light. In the meantime we certainly start running out of shirts to wear. I was ironing one of my favorite the other day and sure enough there was those little holes. I am going to take the file to the edge of the whole tiled counter top myself. I cannot wait until new counter tops are in my budget. Caught myself with a nice top on the other evening doing some cleanup and thought I better get my apron on or I will loose another good top. Love the rug it turned out great. The broom is a little weird to me. My chickens are up to about 4 eggs a day now. Woo hoo! I better start lining up who I will be giving away my extras to. We have 8 in the fridge now and will probably have another 4 before the end of the day. I think brother-in-law that helped with the hen house is going to stop by for his first batch later today. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy