In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July - Conner Prairie


Last night we went to the Symphony on the Prairie at Conner Prairie in Fishers, IN.  We've been several times, and it is wonderful.  If you've never been, you should go. 

My Sister gave me a birthday present last night, and I was feeling kind of bad for posting a picture of her on facebook, until I saw this today!  She gave me bunny ears!  And no one said anything.
The plate I am holding is what her daughter made for me for my birthday. 
Special.

 This is my Sister's friend, Christy.
 I made some cupcakes yesterday for a couple of occasions.  I thought it would be cute to dye the frosting for a flag shape. 
 When you don't have time to be Martha, you do stuff like this!
 During the first half of the concert, people are dressed up in veteran war outfits.  One of the songs is a medley of all of the service songs.   If you are a veteran, when your song is played, you stand up.
 A uniformed person will come to you, salute you, and shake your hand for serving our country.
 I think about those boys, leaving their families, and homes, and going off to fight a war, for us.  Chokes me up I tell ya.

 You can see by the people in attendance this isn't a small crowd.  There are thousands of people here....and during part of the ceremony they march the flags through the crowd to the stage, and everyone stands.  Very moving.

 Look at all of the people.
 selfie with my sister
 Below is a picture of my my sister (right) me, My sister's daughter (left of me) and her daughter's friend (in the green)  Notice all of the people behind us.  We are all sitting on a prairie.  

Hence the uneven ground.
 As I said earlier, I felt kind of bad for posting this picture on facebook!

 I am still laughing!!!!
 Even funnier!!!  LOL!  You had to be there.  We were on a somewhat steep hillside!  She just sort of crumbled down, in slow motion.....
 OK - start singing Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture....
BA DA DAA DA DA DA DA DAA DAAA!
 BOOM!!!  (imagine cannon's going off - because they do at Symphony on the prairie!!! LOVE IT!)
 BA DA DA DA DA DA DA DAA DAAAA!
  BOOM!!
BA DA DAA DAA DAAA DA DAA DA DAAAA!

 BOOM!!!!

 Now imagine...all of these people trying to get out of this place.....oh  my gosh......



We waited in our car for an hour before we moved.  It was worth it!

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!!
Happy
Birthday 
America!!!
 Cindy Bee

PS - ba daa daa da da daa da daa daaa BOOM! 
I hope you don't get that stuck in your head all day!!!! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love this!!! Too cute...and such a fun time had by all!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th Cindy Bee and Happy Birthday too. I would have posted my sister in that position too too funny sorry Cindy's sister but come on funny. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those real cannons are fabulous during the overture. Gets the blood going, huh? I had the great pleasure of going to the 4th of July concert and fireworks in Boston one year. They had the cannons, too, but also had the bells from the church ringing, and the fireworks were shot off from a barge over the Charles River.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great occasion! I've been to similar events in our town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next year we have to go there! Happy (belated) 4th and birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy, I love that kind of fun...hate those kinds of crowds...so I 'll have to do my listening indoors. I hope you did pee your pants when your poor sis was all crumpled up in that chairs. It looks like she is laughing pretty hard herself. Blessing for a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That seems like an excellent fourth of July! I just edited my fourth pictures yesterday. I didn't take that many. I know from experience I don't take good firework pictures ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy BEE-lated birthday to you! :) looks like a great independence day celebration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy