In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Monday, July 14, 2014

July 4 weekend party

First of all, let me say I think I have made it so anonymous people cannot comment on my blog anymore.  I hate it, but I am getting TONS of SPAM every day from anonymous users.  I clicked on the choice, "only registered users" can comment.  Not sure what that means, but I hope it just excludes anonymous users and not everyone.  If anyone has an idea of what I can do about this SPAM, let me know.  I don't want to use the word verification.  That's such a pain.

So anyway, I haven't posted our July 4 party, which was actually on July 5.
 I HAD to show you this watermelon grill.  The celery was too weak to hold it all night, so Ashley (the person that made it) suggests using a smaller watermelon.  I thought maybe a cantaloupe.  But isn't it adorable!

 You want to know how you have a party for around 30 people when you are living in one room?
 You pray for nice weather and have it outside!  The weather was perfect!
 This is Ty, the newest member of our family.  9 weeks old.
 This is groovy child Dylan, Ty's sister!
 Great Grandpa and Great Grandma holding Ty.  And Anh, the mother of the boys I used to watch.  My brother in the background.


 Uh oh...which one is sleeping?  Actually, I just caught her when she blinked.

 Trent and Ryan
 We remembered to have everyone come upstairs and write on our kitchen walls! 
 Ty and his Daddy


 Adrienne and Andrew (my niece and nephew) checking out  my FIAT.  I guess it wouldn't be comfy for really tall people!


 Dad, Mom, Duke (my brother) Adrienne (Duke's daughter) Andrew (Duke's son) Ty (Duke's grandson - Adrienne's son)
 Happy Birthday to me!  Dairy Queen ice cream cake.  YUM!  I am not telling anyone that there were four little pieces left of it and I ate one that night....later....after everyone left.  And two the next day.  Voila'!  No cake to store!  (I did let my Shug have a piece)
 Time for fireworks.
 The kids played with sparklers....
 and with adult supervision they did these lantern thingy's that float in the sky.
 Which was very cool....


 But then the big kids (adult men) got this idea
 to take fireworks that shoot off fireballs and try to shoot the balloons down.
 They all missed...but I'm sure this "game" will be remembered next year!

And I'm pretty sure Vickie wanted me to post this picture of her since there were about five of them on my camera!!!!

 I think from now on we are going to call this gathering the Redneck Hoot-N-Nanny!  Thank you Trent for the name!!!!

Peace,
Cindy Bee

10 comments:

  1. Hey you fun in the Cindy Bee family I always love seeing this. Someday I am coming to partake of such hospitality:) Great fun and pics. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we finish our house Buttons, you can come and join us and stay in our room!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a blast! Mind if I post a link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't mind at all Jacque. I don't know if people would be interested in my family activities. I mostly post family stuff because it takes the place of scrapbooking that I used to do.

      Delete
  3. Cindy, Your family seems to be smiling all the time. I looked for you at Horton's... I am sorry I missed you. My sister and I had a great day and I went back on Saturday. It was very nice. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had lots of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fine picture if I must say and if Taylor hadn't said anything you would not have known until checking your camera

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks like a grand time was had by all! I had to disable anonymous commenting a while back as well. The spamming was getting out of control.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy