In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Some Crafty Stuff

I thought I'd take a break from family and friend stuff for awhile, to show you some crafty stuff I have done this summer.  I am still crocheting when I don't fall asleep in the chair at night!
But this is something I was trying to do on my way home from Florida over spring break.  My crochet group was making baskets.  The only yarn I had with me was from my blanket I was making, so I tried to make a basket, but it wasn't working out with this type of yarn.  It was too flimsy.

I was at a rummage sale this summer, and I saw this basket.

My idea worked perfectly.  I haven't put anything in it yet though.  Trying to decide between stuff such as pens and pencils, or a plant.  I'm thinking a plant.

I bought several of these baskets at a sale this summer too. 
I painted them white.

And I did put plants in them.  They are outside on the patio and won't hold up forever,
but they were cheap enough and I like them outside.  They add some brightness to the patio.
I paid $5.00 for this toy box at a sale this summer.


I spray painted the box creamy white.
My Shug sanded the top down.  I tried painting it without sanding it and it didn't work out so well.
I put some chalkboard paint on top and voila'.....a Crafty Stuff box instead of a toy box!

Cindy Bee

9 comments:

  1. Wow you are very crafty love the chalkboard box great idea....you know your baskets wraps look a lot like my hats:):) Now I make basket hats I guess, but I did win a red ribbon that is a first here in Canada so I guess that is alright:):) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely transformations! Don't know where you find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, Great job on the planter baskets. I love the craft chest too. Hope you are at least enjoying your summer. I have loved the cooler days. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects! Really love how the toy box change looks. I have been going to try crocheting some jar covers but I have been very busy it the two afghans that I am making for Christmas at least 4 - 6 large blocks a month. Sure hope I can get them all put together on time after the CAL ends sometime in November I think. I am only one block behind but that is because it was a hard block and I have my daughter here with her boys again and I need to find a couple of evenings without interruption. Took it on vacation with me but decided to read most of the time instead. HOpe your summer it blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea to paint the chest top with blackboard paint. I think the original manufacturers missed an opportunity there. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas, Cindy! You did well finding the baskets, and the makeover of the toy box is brilliant!
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy