In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Coral Belle gets a bath!

I didn't expect to get anything done with Coral Belle on Tuesday because I worked at my friend's yarn store all day.  But when I came home, My Shug was wanting to have a look at the window. 
 

 Teresa and I had taken all of the little screws out of the top of the window, so I could caulk it, because there seems to be a leak coming from that area. Well, My Shug and I took the screws out of the sides too,

we cleaned all of the old caulking off, re-caulked it, and 

 My Shug put some different screws back in. 

 Hopefully it won't leak. 

One thing we have found out is anything you buy that is actually made for a vintage camper, is expensive.  If you buy it at a vintage camper retailer.  The "goop" we bought to seal the roof was around $100.00.  And since this isn't going to be used for real camping, we've been re-inventing ways to fix her up that doesn't cost as much.
 So, I bought these garage door lift handles and put one on the outside of the door, in a reachable place.
 My Shug took a garage door mechanism and put it on the outside of the door, so we can actually latch the door closed.  There have been several wasps making homes inside her, which scare the beejeebers out of me!  I know!  I'm a beekeeper.  I keep trying to tell you there is a difference between Honey Bees and Wasps!  
 
The door was held closed with a bungee cord, so there was a gap and a hole.  It's not perfect but it's better, and I love her!

 Yesterday, I washed her with some good car wash/wax
 
which took A LOT longer than washing my FIAT!!!

 Then My Shug got this idea to use this tire shine product on her,
 

and look how much better she looks! 

 Love my Coral Belle!

Cindy Bee

7 comments:

  1. Dang, is that the same camper - looking good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a lot of elbow grease can do to shine her up. I am stashing away vintage and new stuff for my dream glamper. The QAL I am working on this year is the colors I want to use and I bought small vintage tablecloth at a barn sale today to put in the stack. Man, I can hardly wait to get one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, Your man is pretty handy. We love in our men. LOL. I think your camper almost looked new after the shine up. You will wish you could take it camping once you get to playing around with it. Hope you and your family are all doing well. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Cindy,
    you have a vintage camper! How cool is that! Looks like it is taking some hard work, tho....

    cheers Fi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy