In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, December 19, 2014

Special Decorations

 I had a conversation today with a good friend.  She is decorating for Christmas and she was telling me about an area of her home that she decorates with special decorations from when she was a kid!  Elves and such.  So I thought I'd show you a couple of special decorations I have.
I showed you this last year.

On the outside, these look like two ordinary pillows. They are not.  The one on the left was made by Vickie a few years ago.  She made us all one.  The scene on the pillow matches a scene on one of our shirts.

Notice the pillow, and notice the sweatshirt I have on.  It matches. Look closer.  See the lady third from the right.  She is my Aunt Irene.  She is Vickie's Mom.  She passed away a few years ago.  And Vickie made us all a pillow, from her Mom's sweatshirts, that matched one of our shirts. See what I mean, she has the same shirt on that I have on.  Special.




 The pillow on the right was my sister's denim shirt that she had made into pillows for me, Vickie, and Ashley on the first shopping trip we went on without the rest of the group.  We love the pillow.
(Ashley hated the denim shirt but loves her pillow.)
  

And this decoration.... Is a picture that our Mom had made.  She took her sweatshirts

 
and had them all made into pictures for all of us.  We all got a different one.  These decorations will always have a special place in my heart and in my home.  
Here is a picture of Mom in her sweatshirt that she had made into a picture for me.
What about you...do you have any special decorations?

 My advent gift today.  My favorite gift so far!  It's a battery operated thingy that puts essential oil scents into the air.  For those of you that know me, I used to be very much into herbs and essential oils.  It's not a heavy scent like those room deodorizers.  It's light and airy and I can't wait to see if I sleep better.

 Does she look like me?  This is my niece, Emily.  We took a selfie and I was shocked!

Peace, 
Cindy Bee

5 comments:

  1. Those are some very special remembrances from your times together. Yes, there seems to be a strong resemblance between you and that lovely niece!

    Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you and your niece look more like twins separated by years ! That is amazing.

    The memories of family celebrations are so precious and the pillows made from the shirts are tangible reminders of the person we love who is no longer with us. Lovely and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to hold on to memories.
    Merry Christmas!
    Connie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. She s the spitting image of you!!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, That girl could pass as your daughter. I love all the pillows. What a cute idea. Blessings to all for a great Christmas. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy