In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A few nice and proud moments!

 A friend of mine got this for me for no reason except she thought I "Needed it" to cheer me up.

 This is the oldest of the two boys I watched from the time they were babies!!!!  Teng and his Mom!  He graduated from High School!  (We had a gathering for him a couple of weeks ago, I will show you on another day!)  I am SO PROUD of him!  And I can't believe he graduated from high school already.  Just yesterday he was grabbing my leg as I would walk through the living room and let me drag him across the hardwood floor!
 Teng and his brother!
 Teng and his Dad!

 This tree frog hung around our patio for weeks.  I kept talking to him and taking pictures and such, and I can't find "him?" anymore....but there are about a dozen baby tree frogs on our patio now!
 Us "kids" got Mom some tickets for Mother's Day to see faux' "Frank Sinatra" in concert and My Shug and I went along.  It was a fantastic concert.
 After the show, you could go through the line and shake hands and say Hi with the people in the show.  I did not know that.  I was talking to someone in the hallway, and the young lady second from the left waved me over to the line. I walked right up to her not realizing until after that I was cutting through a line....it was a crowded hallway....anyway.....
 I said, "Amanda you have grown into a beautiful young lady and you have a fabulous voice."  
She said, "yeah I've come along way from Away in a Manger haven't I?" 
 I said, "you sure have!"  And she said.....
 
"I want you to know that you were the first person to ever put me on a stage to sing a solo, and I haven't stopped singing on stage since!"

I used to work at a church as the director of the Children's programs back when she was in about third grade.  We did a Christmas program and she sang a solo.  I remember her being very nervous but she did a beautiful job.  I was so proud of her then, and am very proud of her now.

Cindy Bee

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, I am not surprised that you have been one of those ladies that children remember and hold dearly in their hearts. That's what happens when you invest your time and love in other people. You're a sweetie!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What joyful moments Cindy... the love you give makes it's way back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I bet it seems unreal with that young man graduating . Ted and I love the neighbor kid like he was some family....he's a sophomore this year. He was in kindergarten when we moved here. Where did those years go? What a fun thing for all of you to see F. Sinatra. :) Hope things are calming down for all of you. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy