In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, August 28, 2015

The rest of day 2 and Day 3! (Thursday)

No we are not still waiting for our taxi!  
We had to get back to Bolongo Bay because cousin Tim and Cheryl were waiting.
This is cousin Tim and me.
 And activities director, Theresa, informed us it was Carnival Night!
Lots of fun on carnival night, like this stilt lady, and a Congo line, and a Limbo dance, and dancing, and a guy that walks on glass and food and drinks and artsy/craftsy booths....
 
  
One of those booths had beads and hair braiding.
Taylor hit up cousin Tim for money to get her hair braided....
(he's a pushover btw)
but a text to the bride changed her mind.  The bride wasn't sure it would be tasteful for the wedding.
 

The next day (Thursday) we hung out at the motel waiting on the rest of the gang to arrive.

There is plenty to do there without ever leaving the place.  They have a bar (Iggy's) that also serves food, another restaurant,

and all kinds of water sports, that are included with your stay. 
 (the motorized boat is not included but all other stuff is)

We snorkeled every day.  And they have events, such as A rum dive!  They throw a few bottles of rum into the bay area and you dive for them!

Ready....Set.....GO!
Trent was the big winner on the rum dive.
And there are plenty of ways to relax!
My Shug...relaxing...
 I was coming down the stairs from our room and this guy decided he wasn't moving!  They are nice, but they are intimidating.  A maid finally walked up and got it to move!
Here's the thing about St. Thomas, and I suppose it depends on how far from the airport you are staying, but the island is like a BIG hill or a small mountain.  So the trip from the airport to Bolongo Bay (which is right on the beach) is windy and hilly and curvy all at once.  And it's probably a 20-30 minute drive.  The roads are narrow and the taxi drivers....well I suppose they drive this route 20 times a day, so let's just say they are used to the roads.  I don't remember anyone arriving at Bolongo Bay feeling well!  It's a little motion-y getting there.  So if you decide to go, prepare yourself!
But everyone arrived safely, except Eric, the groom, who cut his leg on the cheap, broken-down airplane.  (I have to say I could not have been more disappointed in American Airlines)  Anyway, we all got together for a fun dinner on the beach.  Did I mention every single thing is right on the beach?  I love it.

Then we all gathered at Iggy's for Karaoke night.  No, we can't sing, but we can have fun!
Well.....Greg can sing....
but these two can't!
My Shug and Robert

But as I said...
We can have fun!

My sister and her family
This is My Shug, Taylor, and Tim...
Can you guess what song they are singing?
(YMCA! My Shug was being a Village Person!)
Chris, Vickie and Taylor

Chris, Theresa, Cindy, Ashley, Tim, and Vickie
with Stick Mom! (who couldn't make a personal appearance)
Blogettes, I know I am WAY behind.
I'm not giving up.
Please don't give up on me!

Cindy Bee

3 comments:

  1. Cindy, It's easy to get behind, isn't it. I was looking thru some earlier photos I took this year ...cause it's all getting a way...time, our most valuable commodity. Your family has fun where ever they go. I love that. I would be so scared about getting cut on a plane like that...the germs, OMG. Take care and hopefully we will see each other at Horton's soon. Tipton is having it's pork fest soon and Atlanta will have Earth fest. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy